Scott Lang will be going head-to-head with Kang the Conquerer in the highly-anticipated Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. The new trailer was released on January 9 during the College Football National Championship. The latest footage features Kang and Scott striking a deal that doesn’t end well.
“I’m the man who can give you the one thing you want,” Kang says. Kang is talking about giving Scott more time with Cassie. Janet warns Scott not to trust Kang because he can “rewrite existence and shatter timelines.” Scott doesn’t listen, and his decision comes back to haunt him. During an intense battle, Kang tells Scott, “You thought you could win.” Scott responds, “I don’t have to win. We both just have to lose.”
Thedropped on October 24, 2022, and gave fans a first glimpse of Kathryn Newton as Scott’s daughter, Cassie Lang. The upcoming film is a sequel to 2015’s Ant-Man and 2018’s Ant-Man and the Wasp and is the 31st film in the MCU. It is the MCU’s eighth film release in Phase Four, which comes after the events of 2019’s .
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania will explore a new adventure for Ant-Man and the Wasp after they helped save the world from Thanos. The first trailer was screened exclusively at the D23 Expo in September 2022. Here’s everything you need to know about the highly-anticipated film, including the cast, the release date, and more.
When Will Ant-Man & The Wasp 3 Come Out?
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania will be released in theaters on February 17, 2023. The film was initially set to come out in 2022 but was delayed along with many Marvel projects due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It got pushed back to Feb. 17, 2023, and then to July 28, 2023. However, in April 2022, Marvel/Disney returned the film to its February 2023 release date. It comes out after(November 11, 2022) and before (May 5, 2023) and (July 28, 2023).
Who’s In The Cast For Ant-Man & The Wasp 3
Peyton Reed is back to direct the third Ant-Man film, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, and Michelle Pfeiffer all return. Kathryn Newton joins the cast as Cassie Lang and Jonathan Majors as Kang the Conqueror.
— Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios)
The full cast for Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania was announced by Marvel in December 2020, as seen in the tweet above.
- as Scott Lang/Ant-Man. Paul made his MCU debut in Ant-Man and returned for the sequel. He’s also appeared in Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Endgame. Scott is a thief-turned-superhero who can change his size thanks to Hank Pym’s technology.
- as Hope van Dyne/Wasp. Evangeline has starred in the same Marvel movies as Paul, with the exception of Captain America: Civil War. Hope inherits her superhero identity from her mother. She can shrink her size and fly with insect wings. Hope and Scott are a romantic couple.
- as Hank Pym. Michael starred in the first two Ant-Man movies and Avengers: Endgame. Hank is Hope’s father, Janet’s husband, and a former SHIELD agent who became the original Ant-Man. He recruits Scott to take over the Ant-Man identity and gives him the suit.
- as Janet van Dyne. Michelle made a cameo in Ant-Man and had a bigger role in Ant-Man and the Wasp. Janet is Hope’s mother and Hank’s wife. She was the original Wasp and was lost in the Quantum Realm for 30 years until she was rescued in the second film. She’s passed down her Wasp suit and identity to Hope.
- as Cassie Lang. Kathryn ( , ) makes her MCU debut as Scott’s daughter. The role was previously played by in Avengers: Endgame. Fans believe that Cassie will be in the Young Avengers with Wanda’s children and Kate Bishop, which is the case in the Marvel Comics.
- as Kang the Conqueror. Jonathan (Lovecraft Country) played Kang in the Disney+ series . Kang is an alternate-timeline variant of the character He Who Remains. He is rumored to be the next big villain in the MCU.
- Randall Parks as FBI agent Jimmy Woo. Randall played the role of Jimmy in Ant-Man and the Wasp and the miniseries . His return was confirmed at D230 Expo.
appears in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania as a villain, though details of his role remain undisclosed. Michael Pena, who played Luis, Scott Lang’s best friend and former criminal liaison in the first two films, is not expected to return for Quantumania. The same goes for , who played Scott’s ex-wife, Maggie, and rapper , who played Dave, a member of Scott’s X-Con Security crew.
Who Is The Creative Team?
Peyton Reed is directing Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, just like he did with the first two films. The creative team also includes Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige (producer), Jeff Loveness (screenwriter), and Christopher Beck (music composer). Filming took place in Turkey, England, and San Francisco starting in February 2021 and wrapped that November.
What’s The Plot Of Ant-Man & The Wasp 3?
The official plot for Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania has yet be released by Marvel. The film may explore time traveling since Kang has a big role. In an Oct. 2021 interview with, Evangeline Lilly said she understands her character Hope more after reading the script for Quantumania.
“Hope is an odd enigma for me. But the truth is that I find it harder to know and understand Hope than any other character I’ve ever played before,” Evangeline said. “And I will say that after I read the script of [Quantumania], I did have a kind of eureka moment; I said to Peyton [Reed], ‘Oh my God, I think I finally get her.’ So I’m hoping that when we come to wrap and when I see the movie, I’m going to know the difference.”
The first trailer for Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania was shown at the D23 Expo. It features Scott having lunch with Jimmy Woo, before the entire Lang family is sucked into the Quantum realm, according to. Scott comes face to face with Kang the Conqueror, who claims that he’s killed the superhero before.
Is Anything Known About Future Ant-Man Movies?
Marvel/Disney have yet to confirm if there’s more Ant-Man movies coming out after Quantumania. Arecently came out, so there’s precedent for a Marvel hero getting more than three movies. Paul Rudd seems to be loving the role, so he’d probably be onboard. The actor is , after all, so there’s no reason he can’t keep playing Ant-Man for a long time!